Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hello 2012!

It has been a long time since I wrote on my blog for a variety of reasons. The state in which I live is very strict with the blogosphere (from what I have read and experienced) but this morning I read one of my favorite blog posts. To me she is an angel and doesn't try to show an image that really is only found in magazines. She speaks from the heart, she writes from the heart, and she is a perfectly imperfect model of what it means to practice being human. The person I am speaking of is Rhoda from Southern Hospitality. If you have never seen her blog, pop on over and get reading. She will inspire you with her decorating, recipes, and story.

We all have a story. Some stories are just beginning and some are ending. Some stories are in the midst of changing the course of their life. We all have them. My 2012 is going to be a life-changing year for me. I am a dreamer. I aspire to have goals. I am passionate about many things. I have fear. Fear has been a major brick wall for me in accomplishing the things that I dream of doing. I don't know what I am afraid of but I know that I am afraid. In my 20's fear didn't exist in my mind. In my 40's life has happened and has gotten in the way of me being able to see my own life clearly. This has to change in 2012. I feel lost and don't know where I went off track in promising myself that I would always put myself first. People in the world have changed my perspective of how things are and have altered stereotypes of what I think is right.

I don't know where 2012 will take me but I am looking forward to making some positive changes.


(Goat Island Lighthouse, Goat Island, Newport, RI)

No comments:

Post a Comment