Sunday, May 1, 2011

Dreams...

What are dreams? Where do they come? I don't mean the dreams you have when you are sleeping what dreams of who you were meant to be. Dreams of what your "real" job should be. Who are you supposed to be? There are plenty of people out there who think they think they know what is best for us and put a great deal of influence on us but that is not a dream. Others often think they know what is best for us and would like to think they can tell us what to do and how to do it but that (I feel) chips away at our character and integrity. And when someone puts you in this position of dictatorship, it is very uncomfortable and hard to handle. What I know is that I will not be defined by someone else, an event, or a situation. I hold true to my integrity and core values and allow those to guide me as I navigate this world. I would like to think I have all the answers and I would like to think that I can help others as best as I can, but in all honesty, I simply don't know. I always thought that by my age I would be defined by my career, defined by my family, and dictate how I want to live my life. It is not that easy. My dreams for myself is to own my own business and control my destiny. Stop and think about what you want for yourself, what you really want for yourself. Be honest. It's scary but just think about it. What doors will it open? What doors will it close? Now, what do you do with this realization? ...stay put? or take a step forward?

No comments:

Post a Comment