Thursday, May 19, 2011

Simplicity

I often wonder why we have long stretches of one kind of weather. There is a philosophy out there that states all things happen for a reason or some version of this saying. The message is often sprinkled through songs we hear on the radio.
So, all things happen for a reason, what are we to do with this information? I bring this up because here in southern New England the weather has been wet, rainy, and just plain depressing all week long. We were lucky enough to have a total of five minutes of sunshine since last weekend!

 When the sun came out today I stopped what I was doing and enjoyed it for the two minutes that it lasted. What followed was a pretty hefty downpour, lucky us! The pictures clearly represent the dreariness we have been blessed with this week. I can only imagine what will happen when the sun does decide to come out for more than five minutes next week! Hello, Summer! Hello, mosquitoes! Hello, May flies! Hopefully this stretch won't return for quite some time! So, I conclude that this weather happened to bring simplicity to our over crowded lives. For some reason rainy weather calms me down and brings a sense of peace to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment